Main Story: Fire Tragedy
Up until October last year the Aina family were flourishing. Olusegun Aina worked as a carpenter providing for his wife and 4 children, including their 3-year-old twins. But all that changed in an instant when tragedy struck their home in the Magoro community of Ogun State.
On Tuesday 11 October 2016 the Aina family from Ogun State suffered more tragedy than any one family should experience. An explosion inside their house caused by spilt fuel from the generator engulfed their home in flames. Mr and Mrs Aina tried their best to save their 4 children, but the smoke and heat was too much and their twins perished in the fire.
The family was rushed to hospital and were treated for 3rd degree burns. Due to the severity of his burn wounds, the eldest boy, Iyanu (8) succumbed to his injuries a week later. Only young Korede (6) survived, together with his mother and father.
They have mounting hospital bills, and no home to go back to. All of Mr Aina’s tools he uses as a carpenter have been destroyed.